Monday, February 22, 2010

Artwork--foxes pt three

Work work work, still trying to get everything done for the show this weekend. It's been tough because not only are we prepping for a show, but we are essentially restocking after last season. I've matted and bagged about 66 prints and haven't even started on Lori's yet. Have a few prints to frame, need to mat and frame my two new pieces (the heron and the squirrel and blue jay), and am on target to get the foxes done and framed in time for the show. Whew!

On top of that we got 7 inches of heavy wet snow today, so there's been timeouts for shoveling and roof raking. But you simply cannot argue with the beauty a winter storm bestows on us.

Thought I'd give you all an update from a slightly different perspective. The foxes are on my drawing table in my studio, and that's my view. It's a wonder I ever get anything done Some days it's a struggle, although when I'm in the zone a moose could walk by and I wouldn't notice--and we don't have moose here. I've looked up to see two white-tail bucks standing at the salt lick 20 feet from my window!



Thought I'd post a pic of me drawing, just in case some of you were wondering if I really do this stuff. Actually, there are some shows that want an image of you making your work and the one I had was four years old, so I thought it was time for a new one. Funny, I think I'm wearing the same shirt....



Had a special visitor today. A large male flicker that I've seen a few times over the season made an appearance. I was so glad I had a camera with me! He's a beauty, too, very dark topside with those stunning yellow tail feathers.




OK, back to work!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've done an amazing amount of work! Good luck with the show this weekend. Indicators say the economy's turning around. Time will tell. Great photo of you slaving away...think I'd read somewhere that an artist had to have proof working. If I had your gorgeous scenery, the photo would be of my daydreaming. As much as I'm sick of this snow and just like you said, it's hard to argue with such beauty.

    ReplyDelete