Friday, January 22, 2016

New Artwork: Sea Otters


We are in the midst of a kitchen renovation that has taken an awful lot of my attention and not left much for blogging. In the meantime this is a nice, quick post featuring my latest piece.

When I was in Alaska for the birding tour in June 2014 one of the highlights was the afternoon we spent on Kachemak Bay. We were treated to some wonderfully up close views of sea otters, which I was so geeked about, and knew I'd be doing a piece. This pair, showing a mom and youngin', floated within 20-30 feet of our boat. Mom was busy grooming junior. It is vitally important for these animals' coats to be immaculate--dirty fur can result in hypothermia. It was a joy to watch and photograph these two in calm waters on a bright, sunny day, and working on this piece took me right back there.



"Bath Time", Colored pencil and ink, 18 x 12, framed to 22 x 16, $1,300.00

Reproductions will be available later in the year on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment