Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Trip South

Another winter, another trip to Florida. I've been so busy getting ready--and dealing with an injured chicken--that I haven't been able to post. Now I'm out of town and while I have the Blogger app (trying it for the first time) I don't anticipate I'll be posting much till I get home.

As I've mentioned before I try to get down here once a year to visit my grandma Andree, who is now 89. While in excellent health she is losing her vision and so doesn't get around on her own any more. The photo is of her at dinner tonight, trying to escape the camera. I know my time with her grows shorter with each passing day, so while we spend time at the wildlife refuges in the area the real reason for the trip is her. She has been one of the biggest influences in my life and I wish I had more time to spend with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment