Friday, January 27, 2012

Artwork--"Baltimore"

I have one more post from our Tawas trip from a few weeks ago, a short walk down the banks of the Au Sable River, but I wanted to get this up as I just finished it this afternoon:


"Baltimore", 10x8, colored pencil on Bristol board.


This is a bird that showed up on our balcony several years ago, and I had completely forgotten about it until I was looking through some miscellaneous photos in a folder on my computer.  I really liked the pose, and even though I just did a piece with orioles in it last fall ("The Offering") I decided to go ahead and do this one too.  This size original is my best selling size, and I need to have a boat load of them when the season starts.  I have a long way to go!

Next up I think will be a Dark-eyed Junco.  I have a client whose been asking about one, but until recently I didn't have any poses I was all that excited about.  I do now, though, so hope to get started on it next week.





2 comments: