Thursday, December 16, 2010

Trial and Error

Birds never sit still.

While that is truly the case, I must say that this last blog series of birds outside my studio has had some nice shots. I am happy with my new 300mm lens, and have broken down and begun using a tripod, which makes all the difference. However, there are still more misses than hits, especially when shooting on a dark winter day. So before you all give me too much credit for my photographic prowess, I thought I'd post some of the more interesting missed shots.


Head-bangin' blue jay.



Red-bellied woodpecker on the move.



I think this is also a red-bellied.



This Downy woodpecker was too quick for me.



Sometimes all you get are the toes.



I actually really like this cardinal shot, wish I had gotten the whole bird. Talk about abstract art!



So what's coming next? I will probably go back and pick up my Florida posts from last spring. Nice weather at home coupled with the start of my art show season really put the kibosh on that series. Now as winter has a firm grip on much of the eastern half of the country, I figured we may all like to see some palm trees and green grass. I know I would!

1 comment:

  1. Fun pics, Marie, sorta like a movie's out-takes. You're right, that cardinal is a splash of modern art. And, from our house to yours, a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete