Friday, March 22, 2013

Artwork--Giraffe

I am not sure what it is about giraffes but I discovered pretty early on in my art career that people are nuts about them. I did a couple of giraffe pieces when I first started doing shows because I happened to have a bunch of images from a trip to the Brevard County Zoo in Florida from years back. They were in graphite, done before I switched to pen and ink and colored pencil.

This happens to be one of those pieces I did eight years ago, and I decided to reproduce it in color because I have always liked this pose. It was taken from an observation deck and so is from an angle one would not normally see a giraffe from. This is a young female, several feet shorter than the adults that were in the enclosure with her.



"Spot On", colored pencil and ink, 22.5 x 11.5, $950.00

Prints will be forthcoming and can be ordered directly from my website, www.marierust.com


No comments:

Post a Comment