Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Great Egret

Shortly after I arrived at the pond I noticed a great egret flying towards me. Up came the camera and I started shooting.



The majestic bird turned directly toward me for a moment...



...then changed course again to fly past. I held the shutter button down and trusted the camera to do it's job.












She changed course and flew back towards the trees, and the sun came out, so I had to readjust, and got off a few more shots before she flew out of sight.








It is easy to be captivated by these dynamic creatures. They are hard to miss, grand in stature and graceful. It is because of birds like these that I never paid much attention to the ducks and other waterfowl, and even the songbirds. I am learning to look a lot closer at what's around me, to pay attention to the little things, and have realized that they are just as dynamic and graceful.


Next: pelican lunch (no, I didn't eat a pelican!)

No comments:

Post a Comment