Sunday, January 17, 2010

Artwork--jay and squirrel

Here's a quick shot of my latest piece in progress, as yet untitled:



This feeder, one I have designated for squirrel use, is behind my studio. I had quite a battle with these crafty critters to keep them out of the other feeders. I can't afford to feed them too! But this open feeder, one Lori bought at an art show, sits atop an old barn beam and is under a black cherry tree--impossible to keep the squirrels out. So I put a cup of mixed seeds and peanuts in it every morning and let them have at. The blue jays like it too, and will come and scoop up the best stuff first if they get the chance.

I love this old feeder, made from weathered wood and a piece of rusted corrugated metal. Don't know where the star on front came from but it adds that extra bit of interest.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished picture!!!

    ReplyDelete